Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Fax Cover Sheet Statement

The case of Mario Moretti Polegato

taken from F. Azzariti "Doing business in the third millennium" Arco editions, 1999


belong to a family of entrepreneurs in Veneto, which is active in agriculture and wine for three generations.

Pol Geox was born from a chance: I was in the United States to a Wine Reno Convention and spend a few days of vacation. One day I take the shoes to make tennis a bit 'of jogging and I register for a tour with an organized trip: I go to a gas station and bought a knife I make a hole on the shoes.

Back in Italy I asked myself, "but it is possible that no one has thought to make shoes with rubber soles capable to breathe? "
I searched everywhere but found nothing in the market I thought" This is a good idea to be exploited ", and so I started to study the system for this project thinking, right now, to suits of the astronauts and to create a membrane that was waterproof but breathable air.
I went to the United States, namely the Science Museum of Houston in Texas, and I approached the spacesuits that they were exposed, they are able to know the formulas and the producers of these membranes, at that time, were known and applied only on the packaging, but were not created for the use of the shoe.
In Italy I asked the patent world, the United States has been defined as useful (and for which I have won many awards) is useful to recall that the Americans are very sensitive to research and recognize this level of patents in the field medicine or intended to change the lifestyles of people. I started studying these membranes, and the patent that I got is very simple: there are holes in the shoe that allows the entry / exit of air but block foreign substances (water and various impurities) with a waterproof but breathable.

But now at this point I was far from thinking of building shoes, and even more to do business of shoes because like all inventors who dream, I was dreaming!

So my intention was to address, as I did, for companies that specialize in the footwear industry and to show my invention to have the awards (royalty, compensation or simply reputation). I first presented my invention to companies Montebelluna, and I got a cold reaction from these manufacturers. I then turned to major U.S. manufacturers (Nike, Reebok, etc.). And none of them understood or accepted this idea.

inventors usually have a great feeling, and I - as an inventor - I resent and feel almost offended but I was ashamed for them, because you could not understand the scope of this new idea!

So I decided to do business.

I met a group of young people and with them I started sharing this idea: we started to build children's footwear distribution in the nursery, because we had no tools of analysis and testing. Only when we felt more secure as a child, we launched the product on the market: it was immediately a great success! The mothers have understood immediately that the shoe was a shoe salutary.

We started soon after, to manufacture shoes for men and woman and I realized I could not make shoes like this for the world. So I chose to produce only for the Italian market and rely on partners to sell the rest of the world in this direction have signed agreements with Regal (which in Japan bill of £ 2.5 trillion), with Freudenberg (6 trillion bill in Germany £), and so on.

Today my group turnover of about £ 300 billion, of which 130 in Italy: everything has happened in just six years.

I often wonder how all this could have happened, and the answer I give you today is that this success is due mainly to the fact that our company has concrete solutions to the needs people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment